Last updated December 19, 2016
What Is Personal Information?
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We may collect and store certain information you voluntarily provide to us, such as when you create an account and profile, call us, send us an email or post information or other content to our site. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, mobile number or e-mail address. This information may be sent to servers located in the United States as well as other countries around the world. We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, your opinion about products and services that we offer, and other demographic and/or consumer information. Depending upon the activity, some of the information we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity. We may also collect information from you at other points on our site such as from emails, online forms, when you enter content on our site, sign up for special offers, etc., even though there is no statement that such information is being collected.
We automatically collect and store certain information when you use our site and our services, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring site and your activity on our site. We treat this information as personal information if we combine it with or link it to any identifying information. Otherwise, this information is de-identified and used in the aggregate only.
We may also automatically collect and store certain information through the use of “cookies” or “web beacons.” When you visit our site, we may assign your computer one or more cookies to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our site. We may also use standard Internet technology, such as “web beacons” or other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. We also may include web beacons and other similar technologies in promotional or other e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors, to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
We may allow third parties, including our authorized service providers, vendors, merchants, our other companies, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements on our site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements.
How Do We Use the Personal Information We Collect?
- to provide our services or information you request, and to process and complete any transactions;
- respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and provide customer service;
- to monitor and analyze site usage and trends, and to personalize and improve our site and our users’ experiences on our site, such as providing, content, or features that match their profiles or interests, and to increase our site's functionality and user friendliness;
- to enforce our terms and conditions;
- to help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from https://110west40community.com/ if your computer supports such capabilities;
- to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, our site;
- to share with selected third parties including, but not limited to, payment processing providers, marketing partners, suppliers, vendors, online merchants and advertisers, for free or for a fee, in any manner we deem appropriate, with or without notice to you;
- to process payment for any purchases or sales made on our site or by phone, enroll you in any discount, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, to pre-qualify you for payment processing services or credit card and other offers that you might find of interest, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions;
- for any other purpose for which the information was collected (and related purposes which would be reasonably expected by you);
- for other purposes to which you have consented; and
- as otherwise authorized or required by law.
We also may use, disclose or otherwise transfer and assign your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our customers, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- To third parties in connection with a business transaction involving our company, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, asset sale, or the like or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Direct marketing involves communicating directly with you for the purpose of promoting our services or the goods or services of third party organizations. We may also communicate with you for the purpose of providing you with special offers. Direct marketing can be delivered by a range of methods including mail, telephone, email or SMS.
We may use and disclose your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing to you where (a) you have consented to us doing so, or (b) it is otherwise permitted by law. You can unsubscribe from our direct marketing, or change your contact preferences, by contacting us (see section our contact section below).
What Personal Information Do We Share with Third Parties?
- with service providers who are working with us in connection with the operation of our site or our services;
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on our site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- when we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or where doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants or court orders;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the business assets of us; and
- otherwise as permitted or required by law.
We are not otherwise responsible for the actions of service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties. De-identified visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Transfer to Other Countries
Links to Other Sites
How Do We Store and Secure Personal Information?
We store personal information on computer databases and/or in hard copy and will take reasonable commercial physical and electronic security measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. As a result, you acknowledge and agree that our system may not be completely secure including, but not limited to the following: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet that are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this site cannot be guaranteed; (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party and (d) you provide information to us at your sole risk. Except to the extent that liability cannot be excluded due to the operation of statute, we exclude all liability (including in negligence) for the consequences of unauthorized access to, disclose of, misuse or loss or corruption of you personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
We destroy personal information in a secure manner when we no longer need it and after a transaction, your private information (credit cards, personal information, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
What Choices Do You Have Regarding the Use of Your Information?
You may “opt out” of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing us at email@example.com. It may take up to 20 days for us to process an opt-out request. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our site or our other services because such information may be required in order for you to register as a subscriber; purchase products or services through our site or by phone; or initiate other transactions through us or third parties.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at https://110west40community.com/.
How Can You Access and Correct Personal Information We Hold About You?
We believe you should have the ability to access and edit the information that you have provided to us. You may seek access to personal information which we hold about you by contacting us as described below. We will provide access to such information, subject to certain exemptions which may apply. We may require that the person requesting access provide suitable identification and where permitted by law we may charge an administration fee for granting access to your personal information. We encourage you to promptly update your account information if it changes. You may ask to have the information on your account deleted or removed; however, because we keep track of past transactions, you cannot delete information associated with past transactions on this site. In addition, it may be impossible to completely delete your information without retaining some residual information because of backups.
If you become aware that any personal information we hold about you is incorrect or if you wish to update your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be at least 18 years old to have our permission to use this site. Our policy is that we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose any personal information about visitors that are under 18 years of age.
California’s Shine the Light Law
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge.
How to Contact Us